Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Mad Hatter

In an attempt to be a bit more domestic, I knitted Kent a hat. My grandma Wilde (who is a master when it comes to knitting) would be so ashamed of me because it was an absolute failure. My first mistake was to use a loom...I was just so overwhelmed with the 10,000 different kinds of needles at the store that I opted for what I thought would have been the easiest. It was pretty easy, but I didn't consider that I needed to get a thicker yarn so there are huge gaps between all the stitches. I also didn't measure Kent's head before I made it so it was much to short him. *Sigh* I am so embarrassed about it that I would never let him wear it in public, but he LOVES to wear it around the house.

At first I thought his fascination with it was because he knew that I made it for him which made it special, but at lunch the other day Brendon was wearing a hat and Kent got so exited about it and stole it from him. He thought he was the coolest kid around with his dad's hat on. I don't know why but he has had the biggest thing for them lately...I think it's quite cute!



2 comments:

Hillery said...

what a cute stink :)

Judy Prestwich said...

What a sweety. Don't give up on the knitting, just ask Mike about the robe I made him for Christmas that made him look like Dopey. I make much better things now.